Thirteen places I’ve been on vacation:
1. Seattle and Auburn, WA – Went with friends to visit (their) relatives and see a couple of concerts. Saw Gwen Stefani up close…then my ears rang for two days. Not kidding.
2. Los Angeles – Visited a cousin. Got to sit on the patio at a Starbucks on Sepulveda, drinking coffee and watching planes landing at LAX every 20 seconds or so – right over the road. OK, so I was only one impressed with this… Call me a tourist.
3. Yuma, AZ – In November, Yuma was 80 F, and Missoula was in the middle of a winter storm. Glad I was in Yuma. Toured the old Territorial Prison, which is now a museum, and drove out to look at the sand dunes.
4. San Diego – The Zoo, Sea World, Balboa Park, Point Loma, and a harbor cruise past an aircraft carrier. What more could you ask for? Oh yeah, balmy 75 degree weather.
5. Boston and Haverhill, MA – Visited a friend. Being a pedestrian in Boston is scary. Enough said.
6. Hampton Beach, NH – We rented an apartment right on the ocean for a week. Since it was December, the town was deserted, which was cool. On our last morning, I got to see the sun rise over the Atlantic Ocean.
7. Freeport and Lucaya, Grand Bahama Island – Another winter vacation that rocked. Beautiful blue sea, balmy temperatures, delicious food, and live music at the marina each night. They were filming Pirates of the Caribbean #2 and #3 while we were there, and we could see them in the distance from the public beach at the “national” park – ship goes out, ship goes back in, ship goes out, ship goes back in, rinse and repeat.
8. Alaska, Canada, and a whole bunch of U.S. States – We took a ferry up the coast of Alaska then got off and drove across Canada and then back across the U.S. to get home. I was four, and I remember very little of it except for losing a little toy car on the ferry. I was quite upset. My sister was two. I think my parents were very...patient to attempt this trip.
9. Michigan – I have relatives there. As much as they love me, I think the mosquitos love me more.
10. Jacksonville, FL – Sort of a working vacation. Oh boy, can it rain in Florida.
11. Sacramento – Hot, hot, hot. It hit 108 F the day my BFF and I went to the State Fair, and (because of the heat) the guys running one of the beer tents let us stay there most of the afternoon even though we were underage. It was so hot the asphalt was uncomfortable to walk on.
12. Yakima, WA – A wedding (yay!) without alcohol or caffeine (boo!).
13. Anacortes, WA – My sis and I needed to get out of the smoke one summer and this area came highly recommended.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants