Monday, August 15, 2005

Hypocrisy Abounds

I've been reading the articles posted by Rose, and I came across one called "Critique the Poem Not the Poet." Rose now owes me a new keyboard because I spit coffee all over this one while reading the article. Here is the choicest bit:

Accepting criticism is something that we all must face even if we don't like it.

This resulted in the coffee experience. She goes on to say:

When I received my first harsh critique it was on a ezboard workshop and right then I wanted to give up writing. They were arrogant and my opinion very mean.

Now, I don't know if she was talking about me. Two of her ezboard usernames were banned for--according to ezboard--harrassment, so she probably had run-ins with others. I do know that I was overly nice to her when I posted my comments, and I still received a barrage of insults in response. Later in the article, Rose also says:

Instead of commenting on only the bad parts of the poem start out by pointing out a good point.

This is good advice. It's exactly what I did when I commented on her poem. So why did that result in such anger on her part?

No comments: