Thursday, August 04, 2005

Why Blog?

Why not?

OK, seriously.

I recently became enamored with the idea of blogging. I like the idea of writing something grounded in reality as opposed to the imaginary worlds that I mostly inhabit while at the computer. Space ships and aliens and vengeful spirits do occasionally get old. I don’t keep a regular journal, which may be odd for a writer, so this ought to be an interesting experiment.

I’ll be the first--well, maybe the second if my younger sister were here--to admit that I’m opinionated. I’m starting a blog to post my random thoughts about writing, reading, pop culture or whatever is clamoring to get out of my brain each week. I can’t guarantee it will be interesting to everyone--or anyone, for that matter. So read at your own peril.

And if you want argue with anything I say, please do so.

No comments: