Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Reading Update

Yeah, I haven't updated the 2007 book list in ages. I plan to do it this weekend before Nano starts. But here's a mini-rundown of what I have read recently:

"Don't Look Down" and "Agnes and the Hitman" by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer -- Loved both of these. Romantic comedy at it's finest. I'm even more of a Jennie Crusie fan girl after reading this two books.

"Heartsick" by Chelsea Cain -- An odd little noir-like story about a tortured cop and an unreliable reporter. The characters were interesting, and the writing was good. The police work (the mystery/thriller aspect of the story) seemed a bit light, though, because I got to the end and couldn't remember what police work actually led them to the bad guy.

"The Mephisto Club" by Tess Gerritsen -- Another in the Jane Rizzoli/Maura Isles series. Great book. Angels and devils and crazy people, oh my.

"Moonshine" by Rob Thurman -- This is the sequel to "Nightlife", which I originally heard about on Lynn Viehls' blog. Brothers Niko and Cal are back, along with a vampire named Promise and a puck named Robin Goodfellow, and taking on the werewolf mafia. I could have done without the several page long info dump at the beginning of the story (got the reader all caught up on what happened in "Nightlife"), but otherwise it was a fun story.


I know there are more, but that's it for now.

No comments: