Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Maybe I Need a Shrink

So I took this Personality Disorder Test on-line (thanks to Devrie for the link). You, too, can aswer a mere 55 questions, and all of your personality flaws will instantly be revealed. Here are my results:




Let's start with Schizoid, which the site defines as "individual generally detached from social relationships, and shows a narrow range of emotional expression in various social settings." However, the author of the test also adds a note that he or she doesn't think schizoid is a real personality disorder. Hmm...well, I am still single at 38 and do tend to like my space. But does that mean I'm schizoid?

The site defines antisocial as "individual shows a pervasive disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others. " The site defines narcissistic as "individual has a grandiose view of themselves, a need for admiration, and a lack of empathy that begins by early adulthood and is present in various situations. These individuals are very demanding in their relationships."

I honestly have no idea which answer(s) led to a high scores here. I do respect the rights of others, and I expect others to do the same for me.

I also try to get along with people, perhaps more so than I should. In my line of business, I sometimes have to suck it up and be the bad guy--not be rude or insulting, just be the person who says "it has to be done like this, period, no arguments." I often find that hard to do. People tend to get emotional when ordered around, and I find emotional conflict, well, uncomfortable. I have a co-worker who is very good at addressing and dealing with emotional conflict, and I have learned a lot over the years. But I still don't like it.

Maybe I do need a shrink?

No comments: