Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Funny Story

The other night, I'm getting ready to leave my TKD school. It's about 7:45 p.m., and it's 5 F (if that) outside. I'm sitting in the lobby putting on my shoes when a six-year-old boy comes out of the locker room with his boots and his bag. He sits down and starts to put on his boots. He's wearing a t-shirt and jeans.

I look at him and say, "[his name], don't you have a coat?"

He says, "Oh yeah! It's in the locker room."

He runs back into the locker room, gets his coat, and comes back out. Five minutes later, I'm standing around talking to another (adult) student. Our sixteen-year-old instructor (who is almost seventeen and mature for his age) goes out the side door, starts his truck to let it warm up, then runs around and comes back in the front door. He says something about it being cold outside. He's wearing....a t-shirt and jeans.

I look at him and say, "[his name], don't you have a coat?"

He says, "Oh yeah! It's in the locker room."

He runs back into the locker room, gets his coat, and comes back out.

Heh.

No comments: